RemoteNederland, Noord-Holland, Schiphol-Rijk€ 3.000 - € 4.200 per maandProcess
Are you a Compliance professional combining fun, impact and responsibility? Are you the trusted advisor to the business? Is being compliant more than just a phrase? Then consider this vacancy the next opportunity to add meaning to your career.
Workrate is an internationally operating and fast-growing security company, that specializes in object security and security compliance. The company is the market leader in data center security in the Netherlands and is growing rapidly in other European countries. The distinguishing factor that sets us apart from others? The combination of people and technology: reliable systems, combined with human intelligence, ensure that customers can count on hospitable security guards in a compliant environment. Our clients aim high, and so do we! We strive for continuous improvement of our security services, to offer them the very best services and technical security solutions. And we go all the way to achieve that.
Compliance Coordinator at Workrate
To complement our Compliance team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Compliance Coordinator. It is a combined position with a sole responsibility in compliance for the Business Unit Netherlands and a coordinating role in compliance-activities for the holding. The quality standard is very important for our clients. We use a robust ISO-certification framework (9001 and 27001) along with some other quality marks to secure our quality.
The main countries where we operate are Germany, France and the UK. Sometimes the ISO-certifications are combined for the different countries. While the countries have an own compliance-responsibility, we strive to standardize via best practices.
The fulfilment of the role is based on the principle of enabling the organization to manage its risks in a responsible manner. You work closely together with the Director Business Processes and Compliance, who is also your manager. Your location is the headquarters of Workrate in Schiphol-Rijk.
Your work involves a wide range of activities. From carrying out internal audits, staying up to date in your area of expertise and translating it to the business, to presenting awareness sessions. Stakeholders vary from the Board of Workrate to the Operational Managers responsible for our clients.
- Primary: execute compliance and internal audit activities;
- Advise management and/or the business on compliance topics;
- Compile compliance reports for management, Board and regulators;
- Develop, maintain and report on (management) controls on relevant processes;
- Maintain the Compliance Management System;
- Translate applicable legislation and regulations into adequate policies;
- Contribute to the development and execution of training and awareness programs;
- (2nd line) participation in projects for risk-assurance.
This role is the moral compass and guiding hand of the company, so certain soft skills such as empathy, personal effectiveness and persuasiveness are essential to fulfil daily compliance officer duties. As a good listener you can understand complex matters quickly and to provide creative solutions and independent views. As an analytically strong specialist you are proactive and able to plan and organize your workload independently. As backbone regarding compliancy matters, you can effectively balance organizational desires and legal requirements. Workrate is a fast growing company, therefore the maturity is of the organisation is increasing rapidly. Depending on your experience we can place you in a junior or medior position with a perspective of personal growth based on your performance.
Let’s tick some boxes
- You have at least an HBO certificate or proven work experience in a similar position;
- You are project- and result driven;
- You can motivate others and get them to improve through coaching and training;
- You have relevant knowledge of IT (and office) applications;
- You have experience in advising clients based on research you have conducted;
- Commuting and traveling abroad is not an issue for you;
- You know your languages, you are at least excellent in Dutch and English
- Not a must, though it would be great if:
- You know your way around relevant rules and regulations (if not, don’t worry! We’ll get your knowledge up to par so the ISO standards will no longer have secrets)
What to expect from Workrate in return
- A salary between the €3000 and €4200;
- Plenty of room for own initiative and personal development;
- Flexibility to work varied at home and at the office
- A joint and delicious lunch at the office;
- A dynamic, flexible, and pleasant working environment;
- Social drinks at Workrate’s brand new office at Schiphol-Rijk and various (sports) activities.
What are you waiting for?
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge, apply now by sharing your motivational letter and resume through the button below.
If you have questions or need additional information, do not hesitate to contact Dirk Jan van der Meij via firstname.lastname@example.org
A little heads up upfront: please note that a (judicial) background check is part of the application process.